PAULINO CARDOZO from the State of Guerrero works in a greengrocer loading trucks. He sends 300 dollars a week.
Dulce Pinzón photographs New York Mexican immigrant workers as what would be their classic super hero doppelganger.
what if there was an immigrant super hero, like if this man was actually the hulk. or spiderman. batman. immigrant by day, super hero by night. if superheroes are just regular people, then they aren’t all from the US and some of them would probably immigrate, right? he’d be the realest superhero, doing good even when the world treats him like shit. This is a good idea. I’ll probably delete this later and save it for myself.
Ain’t That Peculiar [Oddisee Remix] - Marvin Gaye
The best remix of the year takes Marvin Gayes quintessentially Motown hit, one of his earliest after “Stubborn Kinda Fellow” but pre-Tammi Terrell and “What’s Goin’ On”, and turns it into a hip hop banger, replacing the Funk Brothers backing track with sub-bass rumble and an amped up tempo. The result is a song that has more urgency, and Oddisee caps it off with an ending verse (rapped of course) that sums up the emotions of the song in a very 21st century rap-world way, while still remaining true to the theme and being just as deep and poignant as the original vocals from Gaye, which are still impeccable. But of course they are, it’sMarvin Gaye.
GENRE: Hip Hop/Rap, R&B/Soul
Ain’t That Peculiar is number 21 on the Tune ‘O The Day 50 Best Songs of the Year Countdown
Capital STEEZ - Vibe Ratings (Music Video) (by PROfckingERA)
way too soon. rip.
- Your ability to memorize mostly useless things
- Your ability to regurgitate information in the way others want you to
- Your ability to understand what adults want from you and give it to them
- Your tolerance for working on tasks you don’t find useful because others want you to do them or believe them to be helpful/socially acceptable
What grades do NOT determine:
- Your intelligence
- Your creativity
- Your emotional capabilities
- Your likeliness to succeed
- Whether you’re a good person